Accreditation can apply to a range of activities
- Workshops and seminars
- Conference and events
- Training courses
- Online and E-learning
- Other structured forms of learning
Continuing Professional Development
The CPD Service’s recognized and authoritative CPD Certified symbols offer institutional associations, educational providers and consumers alike reassurance that the material concerned achieves the qualitative standards required by all parties.
Applicants for CPD events must demonstrate that:
- The event is of relevance to the pursuit of a doctor’s clinical, educational and research activities.
- The event should have educational objectives which are matched by the content and teaching methods based on the principles of adult learning.
- Where there is a commercial sponsor, presentations must not contain any promotional content.
- Promotional logos / branding cannot be included on any presentation slides or on meeting invitations, flyers etc.
- Speakers should include a declaration of interest slide at the start of their presentation.
- Learning objectives should be clearly outlined at the start and end of presentations.
- Publicity material should include a clear description of those for whom the event is primarily intended.
- Publicity material should not carry branding or logos of commercial sponsors.
- Events must incorporate a mechanism for evaluation which is in accordance with the pre established learning objectives so that the organizers, presenters and other participants can obtain feedback on the relevance, quality and effectiveness of the activity.
- Events must have a nominated organizer who will keep records of attendance and evaluation.
- Meetings should be international or national conferences, or academic meetings.
Accreditation criteria specific to e-learning:
- Confirm privacy and confidentiality of the learner.
- State revision of content and expiry date.
- Content must be evidence based.
- Follow adult learning principles such as problem-based learning, reflective learning, and task-based learning.
- Content delivery must comply with multimedia principles
- Should have engaging strategies promoting interaction and meaningful learning.
- Provide feedback of learning.