We plan to disseminate information about and provide training for those interested in CBT by organizing conferences, courses, workshops and by organizing the printing, publication and circulation of a newsletter containing articles, information and news relating to CBT.
We plan to promote scientific research in CBT and related concepts and to provide a forum for discussion of matters relevant to both the science and practice of CBT among members of all helping professions.
We will work to educate and inform the public about CBT and to advocate in relation to matters pertaining to CBT and to the Association.
We plan to develop, maintain and apply standards for eligible practitioners of CBT by providing an opportunity for members who meet these standards to obtain an appropriate credential.
- Provide a forum for discussion of matters relevant to Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies among members of all helping professions.
- Disseminate information about, set standards for and provide training in Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies among members of all helping professions.
- Maintain standards for practitioners of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapy by providing the opportunity for members who meet minimum criteria to become Accredited.
- Represent the interests of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapists through liaison with public and professional bodies and other world-wide organisations with similar aims.
- Publish and circulate an academic Journal, Newsletter and other publications aimed at disseminating research and information about the applications of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies.
- Facilitate the formation of Geographical and Interest Groups in order to provide a local and special interest service to members.